Skip to content Preparation for Surgery pssadmin2019-03-04T23:56:49+11:00
Preparation for Plastic Surgery
Questions for the Patient to Consider before Surgery:
- What are my motives for wanting to change how I look?
- What are the specific attributes of my appearance that I want to change?
- Do I have realistic expectations about the results of the surgery?
- What aspects of my life will be affected such as family, work, travel and social obligations?
- What time in my life will work best so that I have the greatest chance for a successful recovery?
- Have I talked about my concerns and questions openly with my health care provider?
Peace of Mind
Questions to Ask the Specialist Surgeon
- How many procedures have you done similar to the one I’m considering?
- Who is my Anaesthetist?
- Are there any major side effects with that particular surgery?
- What clinical results can I expect? View before and after photos if possible.
- What kind of help will I need during recovery and for how long?
- How long do I need to stay off work?
- How long before I see the final outcome of my plastic surgery?
- When can I go back to work and resume exercise?
- Are there complications unique to my medical history?
- Will I have any scars and if yes, what will they look like?
- Are the stitches dissolvable or require removal?
- Financial disclosure, how much does the procedure cost?
Questions to Ask about the Procedure
- What does the procedure do? What does it not do? Remember, every surgery has its own limitation
- What are the risks and complications associated with this procedure?
- How long is the recovery period?
- Can I expect much discomfort?
- Will I have exposed scars?
- Are there other procedures I should consider at the same time?
- Is there any other alternative treatment? Know all your options
- How long will the results last?
- How much does it cost?